Planning & Zoning
Planning and Zoning in the City of Red Oak focus’ on new development to encouraging redevelopment and enhancing existing neighborhoods and commercial areas.
The goal is to ensure an economically sustainable future where the infrastructure, housing and service needs of future residents and property owners can be met without reliance upon outside funding sources.
- Make recommendations to City Council on matters concerning zoning and site plans, public improvements, civic improvements, street changes, the routing of public utilities, and strategic planning.
- Make recommendations to City Council regarding updates or amendments to the city’s plan, which guides growth, development, beautification and infrastructure for its citizens. The Commission’s responsibility for planning in Red Oak is to look ahead on the horizon addressing at least ten years in the future.
- Review and make recommendations to City Council on development of property.
- Review and make recommendations to City Council on platting of property.
- Consider and hold public hearings when required on development and land use issues.
The purpose of zoning is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and businesses of the City of Red Oak; to advance the objectives set out in the Ordinance of the Zoning Ordinance (2020, text amendment); and to implement the City Plan. The Zoning Map and subsequent amendments were added as needed to assure good governance.
Development Application (PDF) District Development Standards (PDF)
Development Calendar (PDF) DRC Request Application (PDF)
Preliminary Plat Checklist (PDF) Final Plat Checklist (PDF)
Development Plan Checklist (PDF) Permitted Uses Table (PDF)