- City Secretary
- Peddler & Solicitor Permit
Peddlers & Solicitors Permit
Peddlers and Solicitors Permit Application
Peddler, Solicitor, or Itinerant Merchant - Any person, partnership, firm or corporation going from place to place in the city soliciting, exhibiting, selling, canvassing or taking orders for or offering to sell or take orders for any goods, wares, merchandise, foodstuffs, services, and subscriptions to magazines or publications. The same shall also include any person, partnership, firm or corporation soliciting, exhibiting, selling, canvassing, or taking orders for or offering to sell or take orders for any goods, wares, merchandise, foodstuffs, services, and subscriptions to magazines or publications upon or from a truck or other vehicle whether on the streets or from any property whatsoever in the city, whether public or private. Anyone who solicits orders and, as a separate transaction, makes deliveries to purchasers as a part of a scheme or design to evade these provisions shall be deemed a peddler, itinerant merchant, or solicitor.
The following persons, partnerships, firms, or corporations shall be exempt from the permit provisions of this article:
- Ordinary commercial travelers who sell or exhibit for sale goods or services to local firms or businesses and not to residences.
- Daily deliveries of milk and bakery and other food products, liquor deliveries, or newspaper deliveries.
- Insurance salesmen, real estate salesmen, and other professionals licensed by the state, except that insurance salesmen shall personally solicit only at the specific request of the owner or occupant of the business or residence at which the solicitation is being made.
- Peddlers and Solicitors Permit
- Criminal Background Check (provided by applicant, no more than 60 days old)
- $1,000.00 bond is required if taking orders for future delivery. Any bona fide charitable, religious, educational, or philanthropic organization or any person engaged in interstate commerce shall not be required to give a surety bond even though orders may be taken for future delivery.
- Peddlers and Solicitors must leave the premises when asked to do so by the owner or possessor.
- No solicitor or peddler may enter the property posted with a sign stating “No Peddlers Allowed” or “No Solicitation Allowed” or other words to such effect.
- Peddlers and solicitors may not engage in business between sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise except by appointment.
- All peddlers, itinerant vendors, or solicitors must provide to the consumer, in writing, the right to cancel a solicitation transaction made in person or by telephone until midnight of the third business day after the day on which the consumer signs an agreement or offer to purchase any goods or services.