Red Oak Police Department
CITY OF RED OAK POLICE DEPARTMENT
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT EXAMINATION
Date of Exam: June 3rd, 2017
The Red Oak Police Department is seeking applicants for:
Starting pay for a Police Officer is $43,000.00 annually (upon completion of the Police Academy.) Lateral entry program up to $46,235.00 DOQ.
Applications will be accepted until May 26th, 2017, at 5:00 pm. All forms are on our web site: http://www.redoaktx.org. Please mail or drop off applications to: The City of Red Oak Municipal Center, Attn: HR Dept., 200 Lakeview Parkway, Red Oak, TX, 75154. Please DO NOT fax or submit applications online. All applicants that submit a completed application package will be notified of the test date(s).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Salary: Beginning Police Officer
$43,000.00 annually, DOE, plus benefits.
Salary: Lateral Police Officer
$46,245.00 DOQ, plus benefits.
(Dependent upon qualification review by the Chief of Police)
Friday, May 26th, 2017, at 5:00 p.m.
Must be postmarked by May 26th, 2017, at 5:00 p.m.
-Must be a U.S. citizen, at least 20 years of age
-Must hold a Basic Peace Officer’s License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) OR Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). [Preference will be given to applicants that are currently certified through the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
-High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
-DD214 for U.S. military service
-Visual acuity in both eyes, correctable to at least 20/20 binocular vision
-Valid driver license with acceptable driving record
-Must meet all physical requirements
- NEVER convicted of, nor placed on deferred adjudication for:
- any Felony or Class A misdemeanor
- a Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years, and no admission of the commission of a Class B misdemeanor within the last 5 years
- four or more Class C misdemeanors in the last 10 years and none within the last 12 months
- NO more than three (3) convictions of hazardous traffic violations in the last twenty-four (24) months. (Does not include "Deferred Adjudication" or "Driver’s Safety Course.")
- Suspended driver's license at time of application
- Domestic violence conviction
- Must not be prohibited by law from possessing firearms or ammunition
- Drug History involving:
- Use of Marijuana two (2) years or less from application date, or
- Use of any other illegal substance ten (10) years or less from application date
- Use of any hallucinogenic drug
- Sale or distribution of any illegal substances, or
- Extensive use of any drug that amounts to more than minimal experimentation
The following is a list of behaviors/histories that may also disqualify an applicant, but the final
decision will be made by the Chief or his designee:
- Poor credit history
- Lesser degree misdemeanor conviction
- Poor driving record
- Arrest history
- Previous warrants
- Any behavior which demonstrates a lack of high moral character
Police Officer Application Process
1. WRITTEN EXAMINATION WILL BE CONDUCTED ON 6/3/2017
The Law Enforcement Validated Entry Level (L.E.V.E.L.) Test was developed in Texas for use in selecting candidates for Texas Peace Officer positions, and has been validated using a content validation strategy under the guidelines set forth by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the America Psychological Association. The test is designed to measure candidates job-related skills based on a state-wide analysis of data from Texas Peace Officers in large, medium and small enforcement agencies representing Municipal, County, University, College and Airport Police.Police Applicant Preparation Guides may be obtained from Bannon and Associates for a nominal fee of $10.50 each for electronic (email version) or mailed to a specified location of your choice for $13.00.
Bannon & Associates http://www.bannonandassociates.com/testing.php#police
Austin, TX 78753 OR Email: email@example.com
PHONE: 512.873.7931 or 512.873.7974 (FAX)
214.228.5782 or 214.889.9933 (FAX)
PLEASE NOTE: Prep guides ordered by email may take up to 24 hours (or 48 hours if ordered on weekends or holidays) to arrive in your inbox. Don’t wait until the last minute to order your guide!
2. JOB-TASK SIMULATION ASSESSMENT TEST WILL BE CONDUCTED ON 6/3/2017
The Red Oak Police Department recognizes the importance of physical fitness and its relationship to job performance. The Job-Task Simulation Assessment Test is given to all candidates who pass the written entrance exam, to ensure that each candidate can perform the rigorous duties and obligations that police officers are called upon to perform. The series of tests in the Job-Task Simulation Assessment are the same for men and women and cannot be modified or changed. Applicants will be required to wear a twelve pound (12 lb.) weighted vest when performing the job-task simulation assessment to simulate the weight of a police officer’s equipment.
Note: There is no re-test day for assessment; one re-start is permitted; participants must complete each of the tasks to receive an overall score.
Pursuit and Subdue
- Open the car door and exit the vehicle on a whistle
- Run 95 yards
- Weave through 8 traffic cones placed 20 feet apart
- Run 105 yards
- Climbs or vaults a 5 foot solid face wooden wall
- Run 105 yards
- Jump a 4 foot horizontal ditch
- Run 55 yards and crawl under two (2), 2 foot high traffic barricades placed 3 feet apart, then run 55 yards
- Roll 160 pound dummy into a prone position and crosses hands behind their back to simulate hand cuffing which is the finish position
- Grab a 165 pound dummy
- Drag dummy 35 feet to the finish position
3. ISSUANCE OF PERSONAL HISTORY STATEMENT TO BE COMPLETED BY DEADLINE
4. PERSONAL HISTORY STATEMENT REVIEW
5. ORAL REVIEW BOARD: SCHEDULED AFTER PHS REVIEW
6. BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: CONDUCTED AFTER REVIEW BOARD
7. PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION: SCHEDULED AFTER COMPLETED BACKGROUND
8. POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION: SCHEDULED AFTER COMPLETED BACKGROUND
9. DRUG TESTING: SCHEDULED AFTER COMPLETED BACKGROUND
10. MEDICAL EXAMINATION: SCHEDULED AFTER COMPLETED BACKGROUND
11. ANY OTHER FOLLOW UP INVESTIGATIONS DEEMED NECESSARY