Strategic Alliances & Resources
Strategic alliances have long been studied from several perspectives, including the way in which the alliance is brought about, alternative forms of relationships that form the structure of the alliance, efficiency gains from the alliance, and the life cycle of the alliance. The strategic alliances that are now being observed are those that involve partners other than firms. In Red Oak, strategic alliances are subsidized in the belief that they advance economic growth.
Entrepreneurs & Small Business
Resources for Small Businesses
Companies & Corporations
Resources & Support Organizations
7. Texas Industry Profiles (Industry-based information and regional analysis tools)
Private Utilities - Service Providers
1. Oncor Electric Delivery - Oncor Electric Delivery Company is Texas's largest regulated electric delivery business and the sixth largest in the United States. It supplies electricity to approximately 10 million consumers in a service area of over 400 communities in east, west and north-central Texas.
2. Oncor SaveOnEnergy - an energy marketplace offering energy plans from top retailers in the Oncor service area. In addition to information about Oncor, the SaveOnEnergy page provides residents with contact information in case of an outage or emergency as well as electricity plans for residents and businesses
3. ATMOS Energy - Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country’s largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving approximately 3 million customers in more than 1,400 communities from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West.
Transportation Networks & Service Providers
Texas Logistics Report: Hub of the Americas (PDF) (Office of the Governor, State of Texas)
1. Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railway - BNSF operates one of the largest freight railroad networks in North America, with 32500 miles of rail across the western two-thirds of the United States.
2. Union Pacific Railway - Union Pacific operates North America's premier railroad franchise, covering 23 states in the western two-thirds of the United States.
3. Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) - Road conditions, public transportation, district offices, GPS information, statistical roadway information, and consumer services.
Ports of Authority
4. Texas Ports Association - The mission of the Texas Ports Association is to advance the development of Texas ports, enabling them to compete with ports outside Texas and thereby strengthen the economy of Texas.
5. Intermodal Facilities - IANA's North American Intermodal Facilities Directory identifies pertinent information for terminals, ramps, container yards and depots in the United States and Canada, including specific geographic locations.