As part of being one of the best-managed cities in the country, the City of Red Oak is committed to providing affordable benefits that assist employees in being healthy. We take pride in working for an organization that values its employees. Together, we can achieve our business goals while also fostering a healthy workplace, where employees are supported and appreciated.
In keeping with our City Values of Responsibility and Accountability, we all must share in the responsibility of maintaining affordable benefits. The City will continue to work to contain costs and minimize increases in premiums. Employees must share in this responsibility as well. Your health and lifestyle impact not only yourself but also the cost of benefits for your co-workers and the City.
Employee Benefits Package
The City of Red Oak recognizes that we can not serve our customers without a dedicated workforce. We are proud to offer our employees a competitive benefits package, including:
- 12 paid holidays
- 13 days of vacation and 120 hours of sick leave accrued during first year of service
- Health, dental and vision insurance with several City paid plans available
- City supplemented premiums for dependent health and dental insurance
- City contributions for a health savings account
- City paid life and accident insurance
- City paid long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Patient Advocacy Assistance
- Longevity Pay
- Free access to the Live Oak Fitness Center
- Free membership to the Red Oak Library
- The City of Red Oak also participates in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). The employees TMRS contribution is 7% of their gross salary and is deposited on a pre-tax basis into their individual account. The City matches the employee's deposits at a rate of 2:1 or 14%.
Review our 2022-2023 Red Oak Benefits Guide to see why the City of Red Oak is a great place to work!