January 15, 2022 | 9:00 to 11:00 AM
The Pond at Pearson Park
Catch-A-trout, our new FREE kids fishing event! This is a great opportunity for Red Oak and surrounding area families to introduce their kids to fishing.
- 8:00 - 8:50 AM | Check-In at the Parks & Recreation booth.
- 9:00-11:00 AM | Ages 4-16 Kids Fish
- 11:00 AM | General Public Fishing
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be given out in each age group for the largest Trout caught at 11:15 AM. Each parent/guardian is in charge of keeping a record of weight per Trout caught.
Participants can register online through January 7, 2022. Please register for each child who will be participating. Shirt size not guaranteed for those who register after January 7.
REEL-Y IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Participants should bring their own fishing gear and bait.
- Children ages 16 and under DO NOT need a Texas fishing license.
- Per Texas Parks and Wild Life Regulations, the daily catch limit for Trout is 5 per person. Failure to follow regulations can result in a fishing violation.
- Bathrooms will be available at Pearson Park.
- Bringing chairs, snacks, and drinks are highly recommended
- This event is rain or shine.
- The Pond will be open to the general public at the conclusion of this event
TIP'S FOR TROUT FISHING
- New to fishing? Texas Parks and Wildlife will be on sight to provide additional information on Trout and education on fishing.
- Make sure to use a lightweight line (4 to 6-pound test), small hooks and small sinkers.
- Bait can include live worms, mini-marshmallows, whole kernel corn, hard cheeses, salmon eggs, PowerBait®, or small artificial lures.
- More information can be found on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Website