Garbage & Recycling
Trash will be collected once a week. See Service Schedule tab for collection map to determine the pickup days in your area.
Place all trash items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service day. Please ensure the trash containers and the recycle cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches.
Missed Collection? Contact CWD Customer Service within 24 hours at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
Recycling will be collected once a week.
All recyclables must be placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart.
Place all recyclable items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service day. Please ensure the recycle cart and the trash containers are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Please ensure there is a 16-foot clearance above your cart. Overloaded carts will not be serviced.
Position the recycle cart with the wheels toward the residence.
Bulk and brush will be collected…
You are limited to four (4) cubic yards of bulk and loose brush per collection.
Limbs should not be greater than six (6) inches in diameter, should weigh no more than 50 pounds, nor be longer than 10 feet. All limbs should be placed with trunks parallel to the street without obstructing the sidewalk.
Place all bulk and brush items next to your trash receptacles no later than 7:00 a.m. on your designated collection day.
Bulk Items – Acceptable
- Toys and Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-Foot Lengths
- Washing Machines and Dryers
- Water Heaters (drained)
- Kitchen Appliances
- Fence Panels No Larger Than 4′ x 6′
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerant)
- Additional Trash Bags
Bulk Items – Prohibited
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires, Batteries, and Propane Tanks
- Loose Construction and Remodeling Debris/Loose Household Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other disposable container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and used electronics. This service is provided for Red Oak residents up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge. Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
CWD provides all Commercial Trash and Recycling Services in the City of Red Oak.
Contact CWD’s representatives to change or set up new service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I get my trash or recycle cart replaced if it is damaged or has normal wear and tear? Does it cost anything?
A: Please call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2. There is no cost for a replacement unless the damage was caused by fire.
Q: How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A: Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, and request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are free.