Strategic Alliances & Resources
Strategic alliances have long been studied from several perspectives, including the way in which the alliance is brought about, alternative forms of relationships that form the structure of the alliance, efficiency gains from the alliance, and the life cycle of the alliance. The strategic alliances that are now being observed are those that involve partners other than firms. In Red Oak, strategic alliances are subsidized in the belief that they advance economic growth.
Entrepreneurs & Small Business Resources
- Business Resources and Support Organizations (PDF)
- Red Oak Area Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center - Navarro College
- Workforce Solutions of North Central Texas
- Small Business Assistance: Office of the Governor
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Service Core of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Skills for Small Business Program (Texas Workforce Commission Program)
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
Company & Corporation Resources
- Red Oak Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce
- North Central Texas Workforce Development Center - Ellis County
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG)
- North Texas Commission
- Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center (TMAC)
- Texas Industry Profiles (Industry-based information and regional analysis tools)
- National Development Council
- United States Department of Commerce
- United States Department of Labor
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- United States Economic Development Administration
- United States Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Private Utilities - Service Providers
- Oncor Electric Delivery - Oncor Electric Delivery Company is Texas's largest regulated electric delivery business and the sixth largest in the United States. It supplies electricity to approximately 10 million consumers in a service area of over 400 communities in east, west, and north-central Texas.
- Oncor SaveOnEnergy - an energy marketplace offering energy plans from top retailers in the Oncor service area. In addition to information about Oncor, the SaveOnEnergy page provides residents with contact information in case of an outage or emergency and electricity plans for residents and businesses.
- ATMOS Energy - Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country’s largest natural gas-only distributors, serving approximately 3 million customers in more than 1,400 communities from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West.
Transportation Networks & Service Providers
- Texas Logistics Report: Hub of the Americas (PDF) (Office of the Governor, State of Texas)
- Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railway - BNSF operates one of the largest freight railroad networks in North America, with 32500 miles of rail across the western two-thirds of the United States.
- Union Pacific Railway - Union Pacific operates North America's premier railroad franchise, covering 23 states in the western two-thirds of the United States.
- Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) - Road conditions, public transportation, district offices, GPS information, statistical roadway information, and consumer services.
- Traffic Counts: Texas Department of Transportation (TXDoT) - External TXDoT Web Site (State-Wide Traffic Count Data, ARC GIS.
- Texas Ports Association - The mission of the Texas Ports Association is to advance the development of Texas ports, enabling them to compete with ports outside Texas and thereby strengthen the economy of Texas.
- Intermodal Facilities - IANA's North American Intermodal Facilities Directory identifies pertinent information for terminals, ramps, container yards and depots in the United States and Canada, including specific geographic locations.