The City of Red Oak offers unsurpassed economic development incentives and financial inducements to high-value businesses and industries on a case-by-case basis.
Economic Development Incentive Programs (Local)
Local ad valorem property tax abatements are available from the City of Red Oak and from Ellis County.
- The City of Red Oak and the Red Oak ISD have both adopted the Freeport Exemption for certain personal property (inventory) exemptions from ad valorem property tax.
- Economic incentives are available on a case-by-case basis from 'Type A' sales tax-funded Red Oak Industrial Development Corporation (ROIDC), and the 'Type B' sales tax-funded Red Oak Economic Development Corporation (ROEDC).
- The City of Red Oak also has access to the full compliment of State of Texas economic development incentives and financial inducements.
- Tax Abatement Process (PDF)
- Tax Abatement Policy: City of Red Oak (PDF)
- Tax Abatement Application (Excel - Application Only)
- Tax Abatement Policy & Worksheet: Ellis County (PDF)
- Freeport Exemption: City of Red Oak and Red Oak ISD (PDF)
- Chapter 380 Agreement: City of Red Oak (PDF)
- Texas Property Assessed Clean Energy Program (PACE) (Texas PACE Authority web site)
Relocation support is considered on a case-by-case basis depending upon the type of firm, total capital investment, and job creation.
Competitive land pricing is available on a case-by-case basis depending upon the type of firm, total capital investment, and the job creation.
- Texas Enterprise Zone: Office of the State Comptroller (PDF) (TEZ Web Site)
- Texas Capital Fund: Texas Department of Agriculture (PDF) (TCF Web Site)
- Texas Enterprise Fund: Office of the Governor (PDF) (TEF Web Site)
- Texas Skills Development Fund - Workforce Training (PDF) (TSDF Web Site)
- Texas Business Incentives & Programs Overview - TX Governor's Office (PDF)