How do I get a copy of a police report?
Police reports can be requested:
- In person during normal business hours at the Red Oak Police Department Administrative Annex
- By submitting the online form at: Police Department Public Information Request Form (On-line)
- By emailing a complete Public Information Request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By faxing a complete Public Information Request to: Red Oak Police Department Attn: Records Clerk at (972) 576-8063.
- By mailing a complete Public Information Request to: Red Oak Police Department Administrative Annex located at 100 Bonham Court Red Oak, TX 75154 Attn: Records Clerk.
Fees for Public Records
Payments can be made by exact cash amounts or money orders. The established service charges for copying governmental and public records is as follows:
- For readily available information on standard-size pages, the copying charge shall be $0.10 per page.
- For information not readily available, additional actual labor costs incurred by the city in providing the requested information with be charged.
- The city may also add any postal expenses which may be necessary to transmit the reproduced documents to the requesting party.
- The city secretary shall establish the copying or reproduction charge for nonstandard-sized pages and copies of recorded information placed onto electronic media sources.
- A fee of six dollars ($6.00) shall be charged for copying or reproducing an accident/incident report.
- For Offense Reports, the copying charge shall be $0.10 per page for the first 50 pages. A charge of $16.00 an hour, plus $0.10 per page, applies to all reports that are 51 pages or more.
- Any certified document or report will be $2.00 extra.
- A fee of ten dollars ($10.00) shall be charged for fingerprinting