Do I have non-conforming rights? (Grandfathered)
Non-conforming rights are rights given to a property or business owner to continue a use of a property after zoning has changed making that use not allowed. This can happen if an area is re-zoned, annexed, or if the zoning ordinances are amended. Regulations to health, safety, and property maintenance are not exempted by a non-conforming status and must be adhered to. A non-conforming use can not be increased in size. Non-conforming rights can be lost if a use is discontinued for 90 days, structures are removed, or if other specialized conditions are met. If you have questions about non-conforming rights, please call Code Enforcement at 972-576-3414.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have non-conforming rights? (Grandfathered)
2. I feel like I was singled out. Was I?
3. I received a letter or a notice on my door. (Notice of Violation) What do I do?
4. I received a seizure warning on my vehicle. What do I do?
5. I was issued a citation or received one in the mail. What do I do?
6. My sign is gone. Did the city take it?
7. Where do I get a permit?