RED OAK PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Libray is now Fine Free!
On January 8, 2024, the City Council approved the library going to our new Fine Free Policy! This means that the library will no longer collect late fees for items returned past the due date of the materials. However, we will still be collecting charges for any items that are damaged or never returned. Please remember that at 30 days past the due date of the material, the item is considered "lost" and the full replacement amount will be charged to the account.
The library now has game systems!
Stop by the library during our open hours to enjoy our brand new gaming systems! We now have an Xbox One and a Nintendo Switch with several games for each. To play on the system, you or your guardian must have a library card with us that is in good standing. When you are ready to play on the game system, stop by the front desk and let us know which system and which game you would like to play. We will then hold onto your library card or ID while you are playing the games. Each person or group gets 20 minutes on the game system. If nobody else is waiting to play, you can play for an additional 20 minutes. We highly encourage group play so that everyone can be having fun together! Please remember to be conscious of others in the library by keeping your noise levels down and refrain from using any foul or inappropriate language. When you are done playing, return the games to the desk and collect your library card or ID. Please note that the library is not currently allowing outside games to be brought and played on our game systems. Please note that all of our games are rated E for Everyone or occasionally T for Teen.
UPCOMING LIBRARY EVENTS IN 2024
February 24- Meet the Author- Hosted by the Friends of the Library, come hear from and meet Amy McCarty, author of "There is Hope for Us." See our flyer here.
March 2 from 1:30-4:30pm- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss- To celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday, we are going all our with our celebrations! Come dressed as your favorite Dr. Seuss character and participate in our costume contest. During this program, we will be having special storytimes, creating Dr. Seuss arts and crafts, playing Dr. Seuss themed games, and eating some Dr. Seuss wacky snacks.
March 11-16- Spring Break Camp- While the kids are out of school, join us at the Red Oak Public Library for a week of fun and games that are sure to keep the kids entertained! See what we have planned here!
- Search the library catalog to see if you have the book or movie I want?
- Sign up for a library card?
- Place a hold on an item?
- Renew my items?
- Access the Texshare databases or start my research quest?
- Learn more about the history of Red Oak? @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Get into Libby for ebooks and audiobooks?
- Watch movies and tv shows on Kanopy with my library card?
- Become a volunteer at the library?
- See if the library is hiring?
- Recommend a book be added to the library?
- Join the Friends of the Library nonprofit? @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>